Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Contents

What if that did not work? Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Dec 14, 2004 Had a bit of a problem to get this to work at first as I am Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Feb 28, 2005 Total useless. Would not finf the destination drive nor would it open the Files. this contact form

JoinAFCOMfor the best data centerinsights. Choose 'Close to terminate the application. Is there a fix available? When you attempt to run a 16-bit application under NT, you might receive the following message: Application popup: 16 bit Windows Subsystem : An application has attempted to directly access the

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Is This Content Helpful? this is what im getting from my pc. I cant tell youhow happy you have made me!!!

Do i need the install disc to fix this problem or do i just need to put the code above into notepad and create a new file? Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 28, 2004 Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Log In Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 1, 2005 Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run a 16-bit program under Windows 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Windows 7 Try run 16 bit application (Start, Run, Command.com) you might not able to open it.

At the command prompt type the following commands: expand e:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
expand e:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
expand e:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
exit Substitute "e:\" for your CD-ROM driver letter, and "c:\windows" for where Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 When running the AVG uninstall procedure I received the error message: C:\WINNT\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. In the document, type the following: "@ECHO OFF lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx.exe SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3" Then save the file as autoexec.nt making sure that you do on win2k, the default path is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp, chnage it to %USERPROFILE%\Locals~1\Temp Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 3, 2005 anybody with this error

The sytem file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. 16 Bit Ms Dos Subsystem Error Ntvdm Cpu Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Restart PC. This error is typically the result of an invalid entry in the command.com, autoexec.nt, or config.nt files, which NT maintains for compatibility with 16-bit applications.

• This is a bug created by Microsoft with certain Windows 2000 and Windows XP hotfixes, and with certain versions of Windows xp Service Pack 2.
  • I am trying to download music to my MP3 player and get this message.
  • The safest way to troubleshoot the problem is to copy the 'autoexec.nt' file from the repair location and paste it to 'System32' address location, thereby making it a read-only one from
  • Application running is not safe.
  • Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run the Windows .NET Server (Win.NET Server) 2003 Administration Tools under Windows XP?
  • The solution you provided was clear, easy to follow, and worked !
  • Once I got onto my errous ways and typed the correct CD Rom Cdrive Letter....All the above worked 100% and on re-boot the 16-Bit Cd Rom prgm Installed like Clockworks.

Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Mar 10, 2005 "@ECHO OFF" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx.exe" "SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3" each of I've been fighting with that stupid thing for ages, and I didn't have the Windows disk to fix it. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 Yes No We're glad to know this article was helpful. Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Apr 3, 2005 http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/xp_fix.exe Log In or Register to post comments bipin (not verified) on Feb 15, 2003 John

RADAR 10.5) x x (3) x x (3) x x x x - - WinCHIP 2.5 - - - - x - x x x - WinCHIP 2.8 - - - http://alltechgossip.com/windows-7/vb6-unexpected-error-quitting-windows-7.html Note: If you can't find a copy of the missing file in your Repair directory, use your original Windows OS disk to get the missing files. Looking in the C:\WINNT\Repair directory I found that Windows had automatically made a backup copy of Autoexec.nt, so I just copied this into C:\WINNT\System32 and the problem was fixed. Please let me know. Config.nt Windows 7

And the path is pointing to \Windows\system32. In every case we have encountered, the hotfix that removed autoexec.nt from its intended location archived the file somewhere else on the hard disk. but when I restart the computer... navigate here A number of users have reported problems with an error similar to the following when installing or running some GMI products: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.

when i try to open an application. Config.nt Windows 7 Location On the General tab, where it says Attributes: Tick Read-only, Click on Apply then Ok. good work Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Oct 8, 2004 I am receiving a similar error, but it displays this application cannot run due

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Mar 21, 2005 or just compy it from another machine you have or download it from the net ;)

Send Feedback Privacy Contact Support USA +1-888-377-4575 Name Email URL Please rate your online support experience with Esri's Support website.* Poor Below Satisified Satisfied Above Satisfied Excellent What issues are you RADAR 10) x x (3) x x (3) x x x x - - EH 2.5 (w. If the file was removed, do the following. 1. Autoexec.nt Windows 7 Log In or Register to post comments Please Log In or Register to post comments.

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jul 9, 2005 I have the similar problem that requires DOSX.EXE in AUTOEXEC.NT (The Win16 Subsystem is unable to I had no idea how to get the 16-bit subsystem working and the Microsoft website was certainly no help. Substitute as necessary when following the above instructions. his comment is here In many cases, a known good AUTOEXEC.NT can be copied from a working system.

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Dec 22, 2004 Downloading this program fixed the problem in XP for me. Error while sending mail. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional with service pack 4. does anyone know what's going on.